Jimmy Fallon Says He's Not Hosting the Oscars (Video)
The "Late Night" Emmy nominee calls the offer "an honor" but tells Matt Lauer it isn't the right time.
Giving a bit of weight to the recent report that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was considering Jimmy Fallon as the host for the 2013 Academy Awards telecast, the Late Night host admitted Wednesday that that he had been asked.
He also said that he turned them down.
Speaking with Matt Lauer during one of Today's Olympic broadcasts in London, Fallon addressed the rumors head on.
"No, I'm not going to do the Oscars," he said. "It's an honor to be asked by the Academy, but it's not my year."
Fallon's name first popped up as a possible Oscar host last week, with a Los Angeles Times story also reporting that the show would be produced by Fallon's former Saturday Night Live boss Lorne Michaels. This was said to be a bit of a conflict for Oscar network ABC, the home of Fallon's direct competition, Jimmy Kimmel.
Visibly disappointed by the response of his NBC colleague, Lauer finished the segment, noting, "that wasn't quite the note I was hoping to end on."
Watch the full interview below:
What's Hot In Awards
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Justin Bieber Shares Photo of Orlando Bloom's Ex-Wife Miranda Kerr After Fight Video Surfaces
- Charlie Hunnam Makes Up For Missing Comic-Con in Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Hides Baby Bump in Black Dress at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- Elizabeth Banks: 'I'm Very Genetically Blessed, I Cannot Deny It'