Ken Ehrlich Returns to Produce Primetime Emmys Show
The five-time producer will run the September awards show on CBS, having most recently worked the telecast in 2008.
Veteran Primetime Emmys producer Ken Ehrlich will return for this year's awards telecast on CBS. The network and the Television Academy made the announcement Friday.
“Ken has been a great partner with CBS throughout the years on many specials,” said Jack Sussman, executive vp specials, music and live events at CBS Entertainment. “The incredible ratings success of the Grammy Awards, particularly in recent years, demonstrates his talent for packaging industry celebrations into exciting live television events with tremendous energy and entertainment. We’re thrilled to have him on board as executive producer of this year’s Emmy Awards.”
Erlich, who has served as executive producer the Emmys five times, has not been with the telecast since 2008.
“We are excited to welcome Ken and his team back to the Primetime Emmys,” said Television Academy chairman and CEO Bruce Rosenblum. “This is a landmark year in television excellence, and we are confident he will produce an extraordinary show.”
In addition to the Emmys and Grammys, Erlich's résumé of live telecasts includes the Blockbuster Awards, the Alma Awards, the Latin Grammys, the European MTV Awards and the MTV Movie Awards, which he created in 1992. His work as a producer has earned him six Emmy nominations.
The 2013 Primetime Emmys are set for Sept. 22 at L.A. Live's Nokia Theatre.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!