Leslie Unger Resigning as Academy's Director of Communications
The publicity executive has been with the organization for 19 years.
Leslie Unger, communications director for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, has resigned after 19 years with the organization.
Unger, who has held her current post since 2007, will officially depart Dec. 2.
The publicity executive first joined the Academy in 1992 when John Pavlik, the group’s first communications director, established an in-house publicity operation. She originally served as his assistant before being promoted to publicity coordinator. When Pavlick retired in 2007, Unger moved up to the position of director of communications.
The Academy’s publicity and marketing team has been in the midst of change. In July, Christina Kounelias was named to the newly created position of chief marketing officer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'