First Impression: Martin Scorsese's 'Hugo'
The director's work-in-progress plays for a New York Film Festival audience. But how will it factor in the awards race?
For me, Martin Scorsese's Hugo is not what it appeared to be in its trailer.
Yes, it's a movie starring kids... but it's really not for them. If anyone, it's for (and about) Scorsese, the great film lover, historian, and preservationist. At it's core, it is the most expensive and creative Film History 101 course of all time.
I'm not sure who from the public is going to enroll, and I think that most in the Academy have already passed it... but the professor is to be admired for offering it nonetheless.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR