SAG Awards 2012: Mary Tyler Moore Honored for Lifetime Achievement: 'I'm Happy After All'
The organization honored the actress for her body of work, which included the unforgettable roles on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "The Dick Van Dyke Show."
Mary Tyler Moore’s acting roles have influenced many actors and inspired a lot of women to go out and take charge of their lives and their career. The Screen Actors Guild honored Moore’s body of work with its Lifetime Achievement award at Sunday’s awards ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
Dick Van Dyke, who played Moore’s husband on 60s’ series The Dick Van Dyke Show presented Moore with the award. During her acceptance speech, she said that after a long acting career, she’s "happy after all" – a play off the opening theme song for her hit 70s show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
Moore most recently appeared on friend and former co-star Betty White’s TV Land sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, last year. Her long list of movie credits includes 1980’s Ordinary People and 1996’s Flirting With Disaster.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- The Abu Dhabi Diaries: Can a Film Festival Help Us Overcome Misconceptions, Conflicts and Stereotypes?
- Famed Elvis Photographer Alfred Wertheimer Dead At 85
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Hilary Duff Joins Mariska Hargitay's Hubby on 'Younger' Set!
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!