'The Master' Tops 'Sight & Sound' Critics Poll
The magazine's list of the year's best films also includes "Amour," "Beasts of the Southern Wild" and "Moonrise Kingdom."
Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master has been selected as the best film of 2012 by Sight & Sound magazine, the U.K.-based publication which conducts an annual poll of about 100 critics.
Selected titles currently seeking awards attention in the U.S. include Michael Haneke’s Amour, ranking third; Benh Zeitlin’s Beasts of the Southern Wild, claiming the fifth-place slot; and Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom, placing seventh.
While Sight & Sound has not yet posted the list itself, its choices were posted today by the web site filmdetail.com.
The complete list follows:
1. The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson, USA)
2. Tabu (Miguel Gomes, Portugal/Germany/France)
3. Amour (Michael Haneke, France/Germany/Austria)
4. Holy Motors (Leos Carax, France/Germany)
5. Beasts of the Southern Wild (Benh Zeitlin, USA)
6. Berberian Sound Studio (Peter Strickland, UK/Germany)
7. Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson, USA)
8. Beyond the Hills (Christian Mungiu, Romania/France/Belgium)
9. Cosmopolis (David Cronenberg, Canada/France/Portugal/Italy)
10. Once Upon a Time in Anatolia (Nuri Bilge Ceylan, Turkey/Bosnia & Herzegovina)
11. This is Not A Film (Jafar Pahani & Mojtaba Mirtahmaseb, Iran)
Ocean Screening Room,
1401 Ocean Ave #110,
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Saturday, December 7, 2013, 5 PM PST
Online RSVP: EatRSVP@yahoo.com
City: Los Angeles
Distributor: The Yellow Affair
Movie Page: anagram.se…
Featured Screening?: No
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR