'The Master' Tops 'Sight & Sound' Critics Poll
The magazine's list of the year's best films also includes "Amour," "Beasts of the Southern Wild" and "Moonrise Kingdom."
Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master has been selected as the best film of 2012 by Sight & Sound magazine, the U.K.-based publication which conducts an annual poll of about 100 critics.
Selected titles currently seeking awards attention in the U.S. include Michael Haneke’s Amour, ranking third; Benh Zeitlin’s Beasts of the Southern Wild, claiming the fifth-place slot; and Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom, placing seventh.
While Sight & Sound has not yet posted the list itself, its choices were posted today by the web site filmdetail.com.
The complete list follows:
1. The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson, USA)
2. Tabu (Miguel Gomes, Portugal/Germany/France)
3. Amour (Michael Haneke, France/Germany/Austria)
4. Holy Motors (Leos Carax, France/Germany)
5. Beasts of the Southern Wild (Benh Zeitlin, USA)
6. Berberian Sound Studio (Peter Strickland, UK/Germany)
7. Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson, USA)
8. Beyond the Hills (Christian Mungiu, Romania/France/Belgium)
9. Cosmopolis (David Cronenberg, Canada/France/Portugal/Italy)
10. Once Upon a Time in Anatolia (Nuri Bilge Ceylan, Turkey/Bosnia & Herzegovina)
11. This is Not A Film (Jafar Pahani & Mojtaba Mirtahmaseb, Iran)
Laemmle's Monica 4-Plex
1332 2nd St.
Santa Monica, CA
Saturday, December 7, 2013, 11 AM PST
Phone RSVP: (818) 954 8486
Online RSVP: email@example.com
City: Los Angeles
Movie Page: www.conversationsonserioustopics.lt
Featured Screening?: No
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- MEXICAN DIRECTOR AMAT ESCALANTE SPEAKS ABOUT BEING ON MARTIN SCORSESE'S JURY IN MARRAKECH
- Grammy Nominees List 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Justin Timberlake Among Honored Artists
- Grammy 2014 Nominations Include Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z And Kendrick Lamar
- Jay Z's 9 Grammys Nominations Top All Artists