Golden Globes 2012: Matt LeBlanc Nabs First Nod for Showtime's 'Episodes'
After three previous nominations, the actor finally wins the award for best actor in a TV comedy or musical on Sunday.
Playing himself has scored for Matt LeBlanc. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association named him its best actor in a television comedy or musical on Sunday night for the Showtime series, Episodes.
“When you don't win, you always say it's nice to be nominated,” LeBlanc said backstage. The winner, who was nominated three times before (once for NBC’s short-lived Joey and twice for the hit series, Friends), said the Showtime comedy shares a similar tone to the long-running NBC series that made him a star.
“Friends was an awesome experience and this has a similar feel. I really can't say enough about the writing on the show. I really learned my lesson when I did the spinoff [Joey]; it wasn't the same,” he said, shooting down the option of a Friends feature film. “Now, I have good writing and direction again and that makes all the difference in the world.”
With Sunday’s win, he beat out a field that included Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock; David Duchovny, Californication; Johnny Galecki, The Big Bang Theory; and Thomas Jane, Hung.
Episodes premiered on Showtime in January of last year with seven episodes. It was renewed for a second season a month later.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack