Melissa Watkins Trueblood Joins Oscar Show Team as Talent Producer
Danette Herman, who has handled that role in the past, will serve as a consultant to the 84th and 85th Academy Awards.
A new face is joining the team that is putting together the 84th Academy Awards. The show’s producers Brett Ratner and Don Mischer announced Monday that they have recruited Melissa Watkins Trueblood to serve as talent producer.
She will oversee talent relations for the show, a role that Danette Herman, who was credited as coordinating producer for the 83rd awards, has been handling for a number of years. Herman, who has worked on the show in various capacities for 38 years, will stay on as a consultant for the 84th and 85th shows.
Trueblood has served as a co-producer or talent producer on numerous awards shows, recently serving as co-producer for the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards. Her other credits include the American Music Awards, the Golden Globe Awards, the People’s Choice Awards and the World Music Awards.
"As the newest addition to our team, Melissa brings a wealth of experience and years of great talent relationships to the table," Ratner and Mischer said. "We know she is going to be a fantastic asset."
"Danette has been an integral and committed Oscar presence for well over 38 years," Academy president Tom Sherak said. "Over the next two years, her continued guidance and participation in the show will be invaluable."
The 84th Awards will be held on Feb. 26 at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center and televised live by ABC.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- OneRepublic's 'Ordinary Human' Music Video Includes New 'Giver' Footage - Watch Now!
- Kelly Brook Announces She's the New Face of Skechers!
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!