Nathan Fillion to Host 2013 Writers Guild Awards West Coast Show
The "Castle" star will lead the Feb. 17 awards show at L.A. Live.
Castle star Nathan Fillion has been tapped to host the west coast show for the 2013 Writers Guild Awards, it was announced Monday.
Best known for his role on ABC's Castle where he plays a crime novelist and his turn on Fox's shortlived Firefly, Fillion next stars in Joss Whedon's film adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing and the upcoming Percy Jackson sequel as Hermes. He has also starred in Waitress, Serenity and received an Emmy nomination for his role on One Life to Live.
“When I first accepted the honor of hosting the Writers Guild Awards, I was confused and actually thought I was receiving one," said Fillion in a statement. "Since I play a writer on TV, I felt perhaps someone was under the impression I deserved an award and I wasn’t about to correct them. However, now I’m in the perfect position to present myself with whichever award I choose. Who’s going to know? At the very least, I can network with the most talented writers in the business in preparation for my next round of unemployment. It’s a win/win.”
The Writers Guild Awards will be held Feb. 17, 2013 at the JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. Live.
Additional presenters and talent participating at the Writers Guild Awards' west coast show will be announced in January.
What's Hot In Awards
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor