THR's Scott Feinberg and Todd McCarthy Chat About the New York Film Festival (Video)
THR's awards analyst and film critic talk about the process by which films are selected for the New York Film Fest and some must-sees on this year's slate.
Shortly before the 50th New York Film Festival got underway Friday night with the world premiere of Life of Pi, I had the opportunity to catch up with my colleague Todd McCarthy, The Hollywood Reporter's film critic and one of the five members of the NYFF's selection committee this year (and for the past two years), to chat about the fest.
In this video, Todd explains the process by which the selection committee picks the 25-30 films in the main slate each year, previews some of the highest-profile films among this year's entries and recommends some smaller gems that will also be screening between now and the festival's end on Oct. 14.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR