THR's Scott Feinberg and Todd McCarthy Chat About the New York Film Festival (Video)
THR's awards analyst and film critic talk about the process by which films are selected for the New York Film Fest and some must-sees on this year's slate.
Shortly before the 50th New York Film Festival got underway Friday night with the world premiere of Life of Pi, I had the opportunity to catch up with my colleague Todd McCarthy, The Hollywood Reporter's film critic and one of the five members of the NYFF's selection committee this year (and for the past two years), to chat about the fest.
In this video, Todd explains the process by which the selection committee picks the 25-30 films in the main slate each year, previews some of the highest-profile films among this year's entries and recommends some smaller gems that will also be screening between now and the festival's end on Oct. 14.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Weird Al Conquers Billboard Charts After Conquering the Internet
- Dear White People Trailer Nails Everything From Hair Touching to Taylor Swift
- It’s Sansa vs. Sansa in the Trailer for Sophie Turner’s New Movie
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg