THR's Scott Feinberg and Todd McCarthy Chat About the New York Film Festival (Video)
THR's awards analyst and film critic talk about the process by which films are selected for the New York Film Fest and some must-sees on this year's slate.
Shortly before the 50th New York Film Festival got underway Friday night with the world premiere of Life of Pi, I had the opportunity to catch up with my colleague Todd McCarthy, The Hollywood Reporter's film critic and one of the five members of the NYFF's selection committee this year (and for the past two years), to chat about the fest.
In this video, Todd explains the process by which the selection committee picks the 25-30 films in the main slate each year, previews some of the highest-profile films among this year's entries and recommends some smaller gems that will also be screening between now and the festival's end on Oct. 14.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014