Oscar Website Launches With New Video of Billy Crystal (Video)
The host calls the Academy Awards telecast “the granddaddy” of all awards shows in the latest clip promoting the 84th annual event.
The official website for the 84th Academy Awards launched its Oscar Digital Experience, and posted a first look video of host Billy Crystal returning to Oscar’s stage.
“I think the thing that’s special about the Oscars is that it’s the granddaddy of all the shows,” says Crystal in the new video. Crystal is seen posing for photos and filming clips for the upcoming telecast. The gig marks the actor-comedian's ninth turn as master of ceremonies. He previously hosted in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2000, and 2004.
“I think that’s going to be a theme of the evening: ‘How did you fall in love with movies?’” says Crystal.
The site, Oscar.com, also features an interactive timeline and Oscar's official Blog, which will feature daily content including red carpet fashion trends from stylists and tips from master chefs and lifestyle experts on hosting the best Oscar viewing party.
On Oscar Sunday, February 26, Oscar.com will have live cameras strategically placed everywhere from the red carpet to backstage, and even the Governors Ball, providing the ultimate insiders view before, during and after the show.
The 84th Academy Awards will be presented on Sunday, February 26, at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles and broadcast live on ABC.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet