Oscar Website Launches With New Video of Billy Crystal (Video)
The host calls the Academy Awards telecast “the granddaddy” of all awards shows in the latest clip promoting the 84th annual event.
The official website for the 84th Academy Awards launched its Oscar Digital Experience, and posted a first look video of host Billy Crystal returning to Oscar’s stage.
“I think the thing that’s special about the Oscars is that it’s the granddaddy of all the shows,” says Crystal in the new video. Crystal is seen posing for photos and filming clips for the upcoming telecast. The gig marks the actor-comedian's ninth turn as master of ceremonies. He previously hosted in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2000, and 2004.
“I think that’s going to be a theme of the evening: ‘How did you fall in love with movies?’” says Crystal.
The site, Oscar.com, also features an interactive timeline and Oscar's official Blog, which will feature daily content including red carpet fashion trends from stylists and tips from master chefs and lifestyle experts on hosting the best Oscar viewing party.
On Oscar Sunday, February 26, Oscar.com will have live cameras strategically placed everywhere from the red carpet to backstage, and even the Governors Ball, providing the ultimate insiders view before, during and after the show.
The 84th Academy Awards will be presented on Sunday, February 26, at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles and broadcast live on ABC.
What's Hot In Awards
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign