Seth MacFarlane Announces College Search for Oscar Presenters
Academy Awards producers will choose at least six winners to participate in the 2013 ceremony.
Oscar host Seth MacFarlane is hoping to add some college flavor to the Academy Awards.
The Family Guy creator on Friday announced "The Oscar Experience College Search," the Academy and mtvU's nationwide hunt for college students to present Oscar statuettes during the Feb. 24 ceremony in Hollywood.
“In re-imagining what we want the Oscar show to be, we wanted everyone appearing on that stage to feel a deep commitment to film and its legacy and, most importantly, its future,” said Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. “That was the impetus in creating this special honor for young film students who will inspire a new generation to create the films that will be honored in the future.”
Said MacFarlane, “For a film student to go to the Oscars and be a part of presenting is a huge break."
Students eyeing a career in film are encouraged to enter on the Academy's official Facebook page, which requires them to reveal how they would contribute to the future of movies. The search concludes Jan. 19. Oscar producers will choose at least six winners to participate during the Oscar telecast.
MacFarlane, who will also take part in mtvU's Stand In series Dec. 10, made the announcement during a surprise visit during a film industry course at UCLA.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Leonardo DiCaprio Hangs Out Shirtless with Girlfriend Toni Garrn for Relaxing Yacht Afternoon
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Makes Her 'Honorable Woman' Screening a Date Night with Peter Sarsgaard!
- Nicki Minaj's Totally Bare Butt is On Full Display in 'Anaconda' Cover Art!
- Even Leighton Meester Uses Uber to Get Around New York City!