Former Oscar Host Steve Martin Writes Open Letter to Upcoming Oscar Host Eddie Murphy
The writer-comedian offers up words of advice to this year’s host.
Former Academy Awards host Steve Martin has written an open letter to upcoming Academy Awards host Eddie Murphy on his website, stevemartin.com.
Among the words of wisdom last year's host has for this year's host:
"Start slimming down now. You look kinda paunchy in Norbit."
"Remember to relax and have a good time while 12,000 livebloggers rip you to shreds."
"If you feel tired midway through, give Neil Patrick Harris a Red Bull and throw some sheet music at him."
He goes on to discuss the one film they both starred in together, the 1999 comedy Bowfinger, and say that he sincerely though Murphy deserved a nomination for his dual roles in the film.
Martin hosted the Oscars two times solo and the third time with co-host Alec Baldwin.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)