New Oscar Promos Feature Seth MacFarlane Drinking, Tweeting and Pretending to be Daniel Day-Lewis (Video)
The first-time host announced the nominees for the 85th Academy Awards on Thursday morning.
Fresh off his duties earlier today announcing the Oscar nominees, Seth MacFarlane is featured in a handful of new promos for the upcoming 85th Academy Awards.
If there’s a theme for these new promos -- which will appear on ABC beginning Thursday -- it’s that the Family Guy creator will be a new type of host for the established awards event.
In one clip, the Ted director introduces himself and then tells views to “ask your kids” who he is. In another, MacFarlane tells the audience to Tweet. He then checks his phone.
“That’s not how you spell 'douche,'" he says.
On Thursday morning, MacFarlane was joined by Gangster Squad actress Emma Stone to announce the nominees for the Academy Awards. (See the complete list of nominees here.)
MacFarlane brought plenty of jokes to the stage for the quick presentation, poking fun at Harvey Weinstein, screenwriters, film directors and Adolf Hitler.
The Academy Awards will be presented Sunday, Feb. 24, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, and televised live on ABC.
Watch the new promos above and below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)