Oscars 2012: Aaron Sorkin Reveals his Favorite Event of Awards Season (Video)
The "Moneyball" scribe returned to THR’s Nominees' Night lounge once again to talk about his nomination for best adapted screenplay.
One year ago, screenwriter Aaron Sorkin spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about his 2011 awards season. The legendary scribe was nominated for best adapted screenplay for The Social Network. Sorkin went on to win the prize that very weekend.
A year later, he again attended THR’s Oscar Nominees Night event. This year, he’s again up for an award for best adapted screenplay for Moneyball with Steven Zaillian.
“I can’t believe that it’s been a year. It feel like last week,” Sorkin told THR.
But no matter how many times Sorkin will be a part of awards season, he tells THR that “none of it gets old.” “And so none of it hasn’t been interesting,” he added.
Sorkin told THR that one event he really enjoys in the annual Nominees Luncheon.
“It’s sort of the one thing that you go to where there isn’t going to be a winner or a loser,” Sorkin said during an interview in THR's lounge. “Nobody’s going to call out a name. You don’t have to be nervous. You get to feel like a winner for the whole lunch.”
Bennett Miller’s Moneyball, starring Brad Pitt as Oakland A’s general manager Billy Beane, is nominated for six Academy Awards, including best picture. Pitt and Jonah Hill have received nominations for best actor and best supporting actor respectively.
Sorkin couldn’t pick just one nominated film that really stood out to him this year.
“I loved them all,” he said. “I think it’s been a great year for movies. For me, they are all a tie for first place.”
“I think Hugo, if you love movies, that’s going to be a special film, same thing for The Artist. I think The Descendants is fantastic,” he added.
Sorkin, the creator of The West Wing, is currently making his return to television with a new HBO series, Newsroom. “It’s really fun being back in television,” Sorkin told THR of the drama series, which will air this summer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!
- Hilary Duff Just Can't Get Enough of La Conversation!