Oscars 2013: All-Star Event Team Reunites for Governors Ball
Academy governor Jeffrey Kurland, event producer Cheryl Checcetto and Wolfgang Puck will mount the official post-Oscars party.
The creative team of Academy governor Jeffrey Kurland, event producer Cheryl Checcetto and celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck are reuniting to mount this year's Governors Ball, the official post-Oscars party.
The event will be attended by 1,500 guests in The Ray Dolby Ballroom on the top level of the Hollywood & Highland Center immediately following the February 24 Oscars telecast on ABC.
Kurland, a costume designer who has worked on films like Inception, Ocean's Eleven and the upcoming Beautiful Creatures, will supervise decor, menu and entertainment planning, and design the uniforms worn by the event staff.
Checcetto, working with her Sequoia Productions team, will oversee the heavy lifting at the star-studded event, where guests will celebrate beneath a 120-foot chandelier in "an intimate ballroom designed in warm shades of aubergine, chartreuse and champagne," according to a press release. This year's Governors Ball marks Checchetto's 24th consecutive year producing the event.
And after 19 years designing and preparing the menu for the Governors Ball, Puck has become synonymous with the celebration. The legendary restaurateur has conceived over 50 new dishes, from hours d'oeuvres to entrees to Oscar-themed desserts, for guests to dine upon.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR