Midyear Awards Report: The Contenders Are Lining Up at the Starting Gate
With the unofficial start of awards season just weeks away, THR awards analyst Scott Feinberg is unveiling a studio-by-studio rundown of the hot prospects.
The 85th Academy Awards ceremony doesn't take place until Feb. 24, 2013, and the nominations won't be announced until Jan. 15. But the unofficial start of awards season is just weeks away, with a fresh batch of Oscar hopefuls expected to be unveiled, beginning Aug. 29, at the successive festivals in Venice, Telluride, and Toronto.
To set the stage for the race, THR's lead awards analyst and blogger Scott Feinberg has surveyed the scene and created a studio-by-studio rundown. Every other day between Monday, July 16 and Friday, Aug. 3, he will analyze a different studio's 2012 awards outlook. He will then post his first "Feinberg Forecast" of the season -- featuring ranked projections for every major Oscar category -- on Sunday, August 4.
Week One: Warner Bros. Read the analysis here.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project