Midyear Awards Report: The Contenders Are Lining Up at the Starting Gate
With the unofficial start of awards season just weeks away, THR awards analyst Scott Feinberg is unveiling a studio-by-studio rundown of the hot prospects.
The 85th Academy Awards ceremony doesn't take place until Feb. 24, 2013, and the nominations won't be announced until Jan. 15. But the unofficial start of awards season is just weeks away, with a fresh batch of Oscar hopefuls expected to be unveiled, beginning Aug. 29, at the successive festivals in Venice, Telluride, and Toronto.
To set the stage for the race, THR's lead awards analyst and blogger Scott Feinberg has surveyed the scene and created a studio-by-studio rundown. Every other day between Monday, July 16 and Friday, Aug. 3, he will analyze a different studio's 2012 awards outlook. He will then post his first "Feinberg Forecast" of the season -- featuring ranked projections for every major Oscar category -- on Sunday, August 4.
Week One: Warner Bros. Read the analysis here.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR