Oscars 2013: Meryl Streep, Octavia Spencer Among First Announced Presenters
Joined by fellow 2012 winners Christopher Plummer and Jean Dujardin, the actors will appear at this year's live telecast.
The Academy Awards have locked down last year's winning actors as the first presenters for the 2013 show.
Meryl Streep (Iron Lady), Jean Dujardin (The Artist), Octavia Spencer (The Help) and Christopher Plummer (Beginners) are the first booked to appear during the live Feb. 24 telecast hosted by Seth MacFarlane.
"We are honored to have Meryl, Octavia, Christopher and Jean, last year's Oscar winners in each of the acting categories, return to the Oscar stage," said show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
Streep, the most-nominated actor in Oscar history, won her third Academy Award last year for playing British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
The 2013 Oscars will air Sunday, Feb. 24, at 8 p.m. on ABC.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues