Oscars 2013: Meryl Streep, Octavia Spencer Among First Announced Presenters
Joined by fellow 2012 winners Christopher Plummer and Jean Dujardin, the actors will appear at this year's live telecast.
The Academy Awards have locked down last year's winning actors as the first presenters for the 2013 show.
Meryl Streep (Iron Lady), Jean Dujardin (The Artist), Octavia Spencer (The Help) and Christopher Plummer (Beginners) are the first booked to appear during the live Feb. 24 telecast hosted by Seth MacFarlane.
"We are honored to have Meryl, Octavia, Christopher and Jean, last year's Oscar winners in each of the acting categories, return to the Oscar stage," said show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
Streep, the most-nominated actor in Oscar history, won her third Academy Award last year for playing British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
The 2013 Oscars will air Sunday, Feb. 24, at 8 p.m. on ABC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR