Oscars 2013: New Promo Takes Seth MacFarlane Into 'The Matrix'
This year's host questions the effects of a little blue — or red — pill.
In the newest of a series of promos for the Academy Awards, host Seth MacFarlane pokes fun at Oscar-winning film The Matrix.
The teaser sees MacFarlane in a scene where Neo (Keanu Reeves) is being offered a choice of two pills by Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne).
In a move similar to MacFarlane’s raunchy animated comedies Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show, the comedian asks, “And if the erection lasts longer than four hours, do I call my doctor? I just don’t want to get hurt.”
Combining a scene from The Matrix with a commercial for erectile dysfunction could be a sign that anything can happen at the Oscars this year.
The 85th annual Academy Awards will air on Feb. 24 at 5:30 p.m. PT/8:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!
- Hilary Duff Just Can't Get Enough of La Conversation!