Oscars 2013: Seth MacFarlane Teams Up With James Bond in New Promo (Video)
In the latest teaser, the comedian serves Pierce Brosnan his first martini.
A new promo for the Oscars promises that host Seth MacFarlane will inject the Feb. 24 ceremony with his signature humor.
In the teaser, MacFarlane has superimposed himself into a shot from one of the installments of the James Bond franchise, The World in Not Enough, and mocks Pierce Brosnan’s Bond when he asks for his vodka martini to be “shaken, not stirred.”
Bartender MacFarlane responds to Mr. Bond’s infamous order with, “No one has ever stirred a martini ... This is your first martini, isn’t it?”
The Family Guy creator is likely to continue poking fun at 007, as the 85th Academy Awards will be honoring 50 years of James Bond. Some have speculated (and hoped) that the show could reunite all the actors who've played James Bond over the years, including Brosnan, Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, Roger Moore and Daniel Craig.
Earlier this awards season, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler upped the hosting stakes with their well-received turn as the charismatic hosts of the Golden Globes. The duo charmed their way through an act that consisted of good-natured humor and unprecedented improvisational skills -- an act that Seth MacFarlane must now follow.
The 85th Annual Academy Awards will air on Feb. 24 at 8:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty