Oscars: 7 Ways to Counter 'Argo's' Surge (Analysis)
With Academy ballots due Feb. 19, "Zero Dark Thirty" and "Lincoln" look to change the best picture conversation as Ben Affleck's Hollywood-flavored thriller, fresh off wins at the Globes, PGA and SAG, looks like a juggernaut.
This story first appeared in the Feb. 8 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Argo had a triumphant weekend. The film earned Ben Affleck, George Clooney and Grant Heslov top honors from the Producers Guild on Jan. 26. Then it scored the best film ensemble trophy at the Screen Actors Guild Awards a day later. Coming on the heels of its best drama victory at the Golden Globes, the wins make Argo the overwhelming favorite for the best picture Oscar. But don't give up hope, all you others. There are still ways to snatch victory from defeat, and here's how:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting