Oscars: Academy Changes Rule in Animated Feature Category
There will be either two or three recipients of the best animated feature Oscar.
There has been a rule change in the Oscar category of best animated feature, allowing for the presentation of a third statuette in the case of shared director credits.
The category now designates that one Oscar goes to a recipient with a producer credit, and a second goes to the film's director and/or key creative individual.
A third statuette will be allowed if the film credits two directors.
Previously in the category, either one statuette was awarded to the movie's key creative individual, which usually proved to be the director, or two were handed out in the case of a directing team.
The 86th Academy Awards will broadcast live from the Dolby Theatre on Sunday, March 2, 2014 on ABC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR