Oscars: Academy Changes Rule in Animated Feature Category
There will be either two or three recipients of the best animated feature Oscar.
There has been a rule change in the Oscar category of best animated feature, allowing for the presentation of a third statuette in the case of shared director credits.
The category now designates that one Oscar goes to a recipient with a producer credit, and a second goes to the film's director and/or key creative individual.
A third statuette will be allowed if the film credits two directors.
Previously in the category, either one statuette was awarded to the movie's key creative individual, which usually proved to be the director, or two were handed out in the case of a directing team.
The 86th Academy Awards will broadcast live from the Dolby Theatre on Sunday, March 2, 2014 on ABC.
What's Hot In Awards
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic