Academy Mails Final Oscar Ballots
All votes must be returned by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 21 for tabulation.
The final Oscar ballots of 2012 are officially in the mail.
The Academy announced on Wednesday, Feb. 1 that ballots had been mailed to all 5,783 voting members for completion. Voters have until Tuesday, Feb. 21 to return the ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for submission – any received after the deadline will not be counted.
Votes will be tabulated with the winners’ names placed in sealed envelopes for the Sunday, Feb. 26 broadcast, where the winners’ in 19 Awards categories will be announced live on ABC.
As is tradition, the 2012 ceremony will take place at the famed Kodak Theatre in Hollywood. As part of The Eastman Kodak Co.’s bankruptcy filing, the company recently requested to get out of its naming contract for the Hollywood & Highland-located theater, meaning it could soon be out of the Oscars picture altogether. The CIM Group, which owns the complex, has begun negotiations to keep the ceremony at the same location -- sans the Kodak name -- beyond 2013.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- 'Walking Dead' Star Laurie Holden Is A Real-Life Hero
- Kat Dennings On Kim Kardashian: 'I've Never Seen An Ass Like That In My Life'
- Jennifer Garner & Michelle Monaghan Help Honor Matthew McConaughey with Special Award!
- Eva Longoria & Cameron Diaz Show Huge Support For Hillary Clinton's Fundraiser
- Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain Rep 'Interstellar' at American Cinematheque Event!
- Reese Witherspoon & Kate Hudson Support Their Leading Man Matthew McConaughey!