Oscars 2012: Billy Crystal Spoofs the Year in Film With Help From Justin Bieber, George Clooney (Video)
The comedian opened the ceremony with his signature movie montage, paying tribute to “Midnight in Paris,” “The Descendants” and “The Adventures of Tintin.”
Billy Crystal kicked off the 84th Annual Academy Awards with the long-held tradition of recognizing the year in film. In his signature style, the nine-time Oscar host filmed a video montage, injecting himself into the main plot lines of the most memorable movies of the past year.
On Sunday, Justin Bieber made a surprise appearance during the segment as one of the time travelers from Woody Allen’s best picture nominee Midnight in Paris. Watch Below.
Also appearing in the brief clip were Octavia Spencer (The Help), Melissa McCarthy and Wendy McLendon-Covey (Bridesmaids), Tom Cruise (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) and, most notably, George Clooney (The Descendants), who engaged in a hospital bedside lip lock with the show’s host.
Click here for The Hollywood Reporter's complete Oscars coverage.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Nirvana, Kiss And The E Street Band Among Newest Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Dean McDermott Admits To Cheating On Tori Spelling On 'True Tori'
- All The Celebrity Cameos You Missed Watching 'Sex And The City' The First Time Around
- From 'Nymphomaniac' To 'Only Lovers Left Alive,' This Year's Spring Movies Offer Surprises