Oscars 2012: Billy Crystal Spoofs the Year in Film With Help From Justin Bieber, George Clooney (Video)
The comedian opened the ceremony with his signature movie montage, paying tribute to “Midnight in Paris,” “The Descendants” and “The Adventures of Tintin.”
Billy Crystal kicked off the 84th Annual Academy Awards with the long-held tradition of recognizing the year in film. In his signature style, the nine-time Oscar host filmed a video montage, injecting himself into the main plot lines of the most memorable movies of the past year.
On Sunday, Justin Bieber made a surprise appearance during the segment as one of the time travelers from Woody Allen’s best picture nominee Midnight in Paris. Watch Below.
Also appearing in the brief clip were Octavia Spencer (The Help), Melissa McCarthy and Wendy McLendon-Covey (Bridesmaids), Tom Cruise (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol) and, most notably, George Clooney (The Descendants), who engaged in a hospital bedside lip lock with the show’s host.
Click here for The Hollywood Reporter's complete Oscars coverage.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10