Academy Announces Finalists for Documentary Shorts Oscar Category
The field has been narrowed down to eight films.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced that the field of documentary short subject contenders for the 84th Academy Awards has been narrowed to eight films. Three to five will be nominated for an Oscar.
Voters from the Academy’s documentary branch watched 35 eligible entries this year and submitted their ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for counting.
The eight shortlisted films are listed below in alphabetical order:
The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement, Purposeful Productions, Inc.
God Is the Bigger Elvis, Documentress Films
In Tahrir Square: 18 Days of Egypt's Unfinished Revolution, Downtown Docs
Incident in New Baghdad, Morninglight Films
Pipe Dreams, Leslie Iwerks Productions
Saving Face, Milkhaus/Jungefilm
The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom, Supply & Demand Integrated
The Academy Awards nominations will be announced live Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2012 at 5:30 a.m. PT/8:30 a.m. ET. The awards are set to take place Sunday, Feb. 26 at the Kodak Theatre and will be shown on ABC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche