Oscars to Feature James Bond 50th Anniversary Tribute
The Academy announced on Friday that the February show will feature a tribute to the British spy series, the longest-running franchise in film.
Hollywood better start shaking the martinis.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced on Friday that the 85th Oscars will feature a televised tribute to the 007 franchise, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
"We are very happy to include a special sequence on our show saluting the Bond films on their 50th birthday," said producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. "Starting with Dr. No back in 1962, the 007 movies have become the longest-running motion picture franchise in history and a beloved global phenomenon."
The franchise, which currently features Daniel Craig as the cocky, immensely talented spy, was revived with 2006's Casino Royale and hit a high note with this year's Skyfall. A gritty take on the MI6 legend, the Sam Mendes-directed film recently hit over $1 billion at the box office worldwide, and earned a Producers' Guild Award nomination that could push it toward an Oscar bid.
The series' 23 films have featured several men in the role of Bond, starting with Sean Connery and moving on to George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and now Craig, who has starred in three 007 films thus far.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!