Oscars 2012: 'Glee's' Darren Criss and Kermit Perform Duet on 'Rainbow Connection' (Video)
In honor of the movie's nominated song, the two stars make sweet music together on E!
Two of the most sought-after stars of TV and film have joined musical forces. Yes, we’re talking about breakout Glee star Darren Criss (who plays Blaine) and The Muppets heartthrob Kermit the Frog.
Get ready for cute overload. E! got the two stars together for a duet on the classic feel-good tune “Rainbow Connection,” from 1979's The Muppet Movie. Kermit and Criss (playing guitar, may I add) performed the song at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel during the network’s countdown to the Oscars on Sunday.
That may make up for the fact that the Oscar-nominated “Man or Muppet” from The Muppets co-starring Jason Segel (also a writer) and Amy Adams won’t be performed during the awards show.
Watch the video below after the page break or at E!
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Awards
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'