Academy Announces Foreign-Language Film Shortlist
Of the 63 qualifying films, 9 selections -- including "A Separation," In Darkness" and "Pina" -- remain in the Oscar race.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has narrowed down the Foreign-Language field to 9 qualifying films. Announcing the shortlist Wednesday morning, 54 qualifying films fell out of the running for this year's category.
Among the selections are Iran's A Separation and Poland's holocaust film, In Darkness.
The full list of remaining films, including links to reviews, below:
Belgium: Bullhead (Review)
Canada: Monsieur Lazhar (Review)
Denmark: Superclásico (Review)
Germany: Pina (Review)
Iran: A Separation (Review)
Israel: Footnote (Review)
Morocco: Omar Killed Me (Review)
Poland: In Darkness (Review)
Taiwan: Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale (Review)
Five nominees will be selected by special committees in New York and Los Angeles this coming weekend, with nominees announced Jan. 24 and the ceremony taking place at the Kodak Theatre on Sunday, Feb. 26.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR