Patton Oswalt to Host 16th Annual Webby Awards
Nominees will be announced April 10 and the awards show will take place May 21 at The Hammerstein Ballroom.
Actor and comedian Patton Oswalt will host the 16th annual Webby Awards.
The Webby Awards also announced that this year's nominees will be unveiled Tuesday, April 10. Voting for the Webby People's Voice Awards will start that same day and end on Thursday, April 26.
Winners of the 16th Annual Webby Awards – honoring excellence on the Internet -- will be announced Monday, May 21 at The Hammerstein Ballroom.
"We are really excited for Patton Oswalt to bring his comedic genius to The Webbys," said David-Michel Davies, executive director of The Webby Awards. "Patton is the rare comedian who is just as funny online as on a stage. As we push the boundaries of integrating the audience at home with the live show we think Patton is uniquely suited to be this year's Webby host."
The Webbies won’t be Oswalt’s first hosting gig. He hosted the Annie Awards, honoring the best in the field of animation, on Feb. 4 at UCLA.
Oswalt, who starred in 2011’s dark comedy Young Adult alongside Charlize Theron, recently appeared on an episode of Two and a Half Men. He’ll next be seen on the big screen in Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, starring Steve Carell and Keira Knightley. His comedy special Finest Hour, will premiere on Comedy Central on April 21.
What's Hot In Awards
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign