Producers Guild of America to Be Honored at Environmental Media Awards
The EMA Green Production Award to be given to PGA on Oct. 15 in recognition of its Green Initiative.
The Producers Guild of America will be honored at the 21st annual Environmental Media Awards, where it is to receive the EMA Green Production Award.
The EMA Awards, which recognize individuals and organizations that contribute to the public awareness of environmental issues, will be handed out at a reception on Oct. 15 at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank.
The PGA has raised environmental awareness through its PGA Green initiative, which promotes environmental education and advocacy efforts including sustainable production practices. In January 2009, under the leadership of Fred Baron, the PGA board of directors formalized the PGA Green Committee National and launched PGAGreen.org.
Later that year the PGA unveiled the Green Production Guide, an interactive, international website providing the production community with access to a database of environmentally friendly products and services.
The Environmental Media Assn., which presents the awards, was founded in 1989 by Cindy and Alan Horn and Lyn and Norman Lear to promote environmental awareness through the entertainment business and the media.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR