'Puss In Boots' Director Chris Miller to Appear in 'Madagascar 3'
Miller reprises his role as Kowalski the penguin in Madagascar threequel.
There are a few directors of animated films that additionally share their talent in the role of voice actor.
Among those is Oscar nominee Chris Miller—director of Dreamworks Animation’s Puss In Boots, which is up for best animated feature. Miller talked with The Hollywood Reporter about voice acting during DreamWorks Animation’s 9th annual brunch celebrating this year’s animation and visual effects Oscar nominees, Saturday at Campanile.
Miller will reprise his role as Kowalski the penguin in DWA’s Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, which opens June 8.
The director also lent his voice to his feature Puss in Boots, playing the roles of Little Boy Blue and one of the guards.
Interestingly, Madagascar 3 director Conrad Vernon also has a role in Puss in Boots. “He played a bar thief that reveals where the beanstalk is,” revealed Miller.
“We have a deal,” Miller said with a smile. “We always put each other, in each others movies. (Vernon) has such a great voice. He is a really good actor—and all around giant talent. He is a great filmmaker.”
In Madagscar 3, the zoo animals are still trying to get back to New York, this time via southern Europe. “The penguins lead the charge always,” Miller chuckled.
Puss In Boots, which grossed $528.5 million worldwide at the box office, was released on DVD and Blu-Ray Feb. 24.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR