BAFTA to Honor Ralph Fiennes with Tribute
The actor, whose directorial debut "Coriolanus" is set to roll out in 2012, will be feted with Life In Pictures event.
LONDON – Ralph Fiennes, who’s directorial debut Coriolanus is playing in the awards season game, is to be the subject of a Life in Pictures event, hosted and organized by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
Fiennes will be the man in the spotlight for the celebration of his work on the cinema screen at an event at the British organization’s central London headquarters Dec. 11.
His career on screen – his resume also boasts an impressive array of turns on stage on both sides of the Atlantic – includes roles in Schindler’s List, The English Patient, The Constant Gardener and The End of The Affair.
He is also known globally for his intense portrayal of the evil Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter franchise.
Fiennes follows an already impressive list of fellow thespians most recently including Oscar winner Ben Kingsley, Kenneth Branagh and South African born actress and Academy Award winner Charlize Theron.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!