Ralph Fiennes, Kenneth Branagh to Get Special Nods at British Independent Film Awards
Both expected in person to pick up honors on Dec. 4 in London.
LONDON – Titans of the stage and screen Ralph Fiennes and Kenneth Branagh are to be honored with special nods during the upcoming British Independent Film Awards, scheduled for Dec. 4 in London.
Fiennes will pick up the annual Richard Harris Award while Branagh will take home an accolade dished out by trade paper Variety.
The Richard Harris Award was introduced in 2003 in honor of Richard Harris and aims to mark the outstanding contribution to British film by an actor.
Previous honorees have included John Hurt, David Thewlis, Bob Hoskins, Jim Broadbent, Daniel Day-Lewis and most recently Helena Bonham Carter in 2010.
Fiennes is currently making the rounds during awards season with his directorial debut, an adaptation of Shakespeare’s Coriolanus in which he also stars with Vanessa Redgrave, Gerard Butler and Brian Cox.
His movie resume boasts The Constant Gardner and Schindler’s List, as well as The English Patient, The Duchess, End Of The Affair and The Reader among the myriad films he has played in.
Branagh returns to cinema screens this year playing Sir Laurence Olivier in Simon Curtis’ My Week With Marilyn.
In 2010, he created Thor which he directed before returning to work on stage, screen and radio.
Both Fiennes and Branagh are expected to be on hand to pick up their awards, organizers said.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014