'Rango' to Receive Animation Award at 15th annual Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive)
This year's honorees will be announced in the coming days.
I have learned that Gore Verbinski's Rango -- an animated film from Paramount that was released in May, has made nearly $250 billion internationally, and features the voices of Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Alfred Molina, Bill Nighy, Harry Dean Stanton, Ray Winstone, and Timothy Olyphant -- has been chosen to receive this year's Hollywood Animation Award at the 15th annual Hollywood Film Festival and Hollywood Film Awards, the first awards show of the Oscar season, at a gala ceremony on October 24, 2011, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Several previous recipients of this honor went on to win the best animated feature Oscar, including its four most recent winners, Ratatouille (2007), Wall-E (2008), Up (2009), and Toy Story 3 (2010).
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport