'Rango' to Receive Animation Award at 15th annual Hollywood Film Awards (Exclusive)
This year's honorees will be announced in the coming days.
I have learned that Gore Verbinski's Rango -- an animated film from Paramount that was released in May, has made nearly $250 billion internationally, and features the voices of Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Alfred Molina, Bill Nighy, Harry Dean Stanton, Ray Winstone, and Timothy Olyphant -- has been chosen to receive this year's Hollywood Animation Award at the 15th annual Hollywood Film Festival and Hollywood Film Awards, the first awards show of the Oscar season, at a gala ceremony on October 24, 2011, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Several previous recipients of this honor went on to win the best animated feature Oscar, including its four most recent winners, Ratatouille (2007), Wall-E (2008), Up (2009), and Toy Story 3 (2010).
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet