Razzies Awards Show Moves to April Fools' Day
The annual event highlighting the worst film of the year will announce its nominations the day before the Oscars.
What better day of the year to honor the worst films of the year than April Fools' Day?
The organizers of the Razzies – the annual spoof on the Oscars which honors the year’s worst films – announced that the show will be pushed to April 1 this year.
Also, instead of announcing the nominees on the eve of the Oscar nominations, this year the nominees will be announced on Feb. 25, the day before the Academy Awards.
“In addition to allowing the Razzies’ more than 600 voting members additional time to see the drek they will eventually nominate, this new schedule will also allow for more input from the movie-going public before the contenders are determined,” said a statement about the new date. The voters are comprised of regular moviegoers, film professionals and entertainment journalists.
Last year’s show took place on Feb. 26, 2011, with M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender being named Worst Picture. Last year, no winners were present to accept their awards.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'