Reelz Channel to Broadcast Creative Arts Emmys for Second Time
Spike Jones Jr. will return for the 18th time to produce the ceremony, which will air as a two-hour edited special on Sept. 22.
For the second year in a row, Reelz Channel will serve as the home to the Creative Arts Emmy Awards.
Longtime producer Spike Jones Jr. will mark his 18th year as producer of the annual ceremony, which will be taped Saturday, Sept. 15 and broadcast as a two-hour edited special the following week on Sept. 22 at 8 p.m.
“We’re thrilled to partner with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for a second consecutive year as the home for the Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards,” Reelz Channel CEO Stan E. Hubbard said in a statement announcing the news Monday. "This night is all about the incredible artists whose work brings our industry to life. They deserve to have their efforts recognized, showcased and celebrated and we’re proud to help make that possible.”
Added Jones: "When I started producing this show, The Walking Dead was anything they put on opposite ER. Larry King was in Atlanta, Oprah was in Chicago and the cast of Jersey Shore was in diapers. It’s an honor to be back for my 18th year."
At last year's ceremony, HBO's Boardwalk Empire led the winners, taking home seven awards.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR