Rob Marshall To Receive CAS Award
Cinema Audio Society recognizes director of "Chicago," "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides."
Rob Marshall will receive the Cinema Audio Society Filmmaker Award at the 48th CAS Awards.
Marshall’s credits as a director include Chicago, which won six Oscars including best picture; Memoirs of a Geisha; and Nine. His honors for Chicago include the Directors Guild Award, an Oscar nomination and a BAFTA nomination.
On Nine, Marshall worked with Scott Millan, who is this year’s CAS Career Achievement Award honoree.
Marshall’s most recent film, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides has grossed over one billion dollars at the worldwide box office. He is currently developing The Thin Man starring Johnny Depp.
In television, Marshall’s credits include NBC’s Tony Bennett: An American Classic, for which he won a DGA Award and three Emmys; and Disney/ABC’s Annie, which received 12 Emmy nominations and won the Peabody Award.
A six-time Tony Award nominee and George Abbott Award winner, Marshall's stage work includes co-directing and choreographing the Broadway production of Cabaret and directing and choreographing the Broadway revival of Little Me.
The CAS Awards will be presented February 18 at the Millennium-Biltmore Hotel.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Awards
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!