Robert Zemeckis to Be Honored as Director of the Year at Palm Springs Film Fest
The award will be presented at the festival's Awards Gala on Jan. 5.
Robert Zemeckis will be honored as Director of the Year at the Palm Springs International Film Festival’s awards gala, which will be held Jan. 5 at the Palm Springs Convention Center.
“For 35 years, Robert Zemeckis has been creating some of the most iconic and indelible images in cinema, garnering international acclaim as a filmmaker of extraordinary vision,” festival chairman Harold Matzner said. “In his latest work, Flight, Zemeckis continues to tell fascinating stories by combining strong characters with groundbreaking visual effects, which includes one of the most memorable plane crashes in cinematic history, while following the compelling emotional journey of Denzel Washington’s character of an emotionally damaged man dealing with addiction.”
An Academy Award winner for Forrest Gump, Zemeckis also has directed such movies as Cast Away, Back to the Future and The Polar Express. Flight, which was released by Paramount on Nov. 2, has grossed more than $75 million domestically to date.
The festival runs Jan. 3-14.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Chloe Moretz Talks Boys & Fashion for 'Flare' September 2014
- The New 'Maze Runner' Trailer Is Out & It's Every Bit As Awesome As You Thought It Would Be
- It's Another Royal Photo Bomb! Prince Harry is Totally Psyched in the Background of a Selfie
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Joins Hubby Nick Swisher at 'Mission Swisher' Scavenger Hunt! (Exclusive Pics)