Edie Falco Ties David Hyde Pierce's SAG Nominations Record
The "Nurse Jackie" star, who earned her 11th individual and eighth ensemble mentions, ties the former "Frasier" actor with most career mentions.
With nominations for her role as the newly sober Jackie Payton and Nurse Jackie's first ensemble mention, Edie Falco made SAG Awards history on Wednesday.
The former Sopranos star tied David Hyde Pierce's record with 19 total SAG nominations -- a whopping 11 for her individual performance and another eight for ensemble work -- compared with the Frasier actor's eight solo and 10 ensemble (and one cast) mentions.
Of those, Falco has picked up three mentions in a row for her role as the drug-addled titular nurse on the Showtime dark comedy with three wins in the female actress in a drama field for her co-starring role as Carmela Soprano in HBO's James Gandolfini mob drama and another two statuettes as part of the latter's ensemble cast.
For its part, Nurse Jackie picked up is first series nomination for its recently concluded fourth season, which for the first time featured Jackie as a sober nurse battling a challenging hospital administrator played by Bobby Cannavale.
Pierce, meanwhile, collected one individual win and one ensemble victory for his work as Kelsey Grammer's beleaguered brother Dr. Niles Crane on the NBC comedy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR