SAG to Determine Awards Nominating Committee Members Friday
A random drawing will select the 4,200 members who will serve on the two committees, one for film and one for TV.
The 18th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards may be 10 months away, but SAG is already cranking up the awards machinery.
On Friday, the guild will determine the 4,200 SAG members who will serve on its two nominating committees, one for film and one for TV.
Members of the committee will be chosen in a random drawing, SAG Awards committee chair JoBeth Williams said. To be eligible, SAG members may not have served on the same nominating committee in the past five years and must have paid their November 2010 membership dues by March 18.
Submissions for nomination consideration open July 11 and close on Oct. 27.
Nominations will be announced Dec. 15.
The SAG Awards will take place live at the Shrine Exposition Center in Los Angeles on Jan. 29.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR