Fox Searchlight Moves Up Release of 'Sessions'
The drama, starring John Hawkes and Helen Hunt, has already ignited awards talk.
Fox Searchlight Pictures is moving up the release of Ben Lewin’s The Sessions from Oct. 26 to Oct. 19, when it will debut on a limited platform basis.
The film, which debuted at this year’s Sundance Film Festival under the title The Surrogate, is based on the writings of journalist and poet Mark O’Brien and stars John Hawkes as a man, confined to an iron lung, who hires a sex therapist, played by Helen Hunt, to help him lose his virginity.
At Sundance, the film won both the audience award for dramatic film and a special jury prize for dramatic ensemble acting. Hawkes, who received a best supporting actor Academy Award nomination for 2010’s Winter’s Bone, is scheduled to receive a breakout performance award at the Hollywood Film Awards on Oct. 22 and is expected to be a major awards contender this season.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR