Fox Searchlight Moves Up Release of 'Sessions'
The drama, starring John Hawkes and Helen Hunt, has already ignited awards talk.
Fox Searchlight Pictures is moving up the release of Ben Lewin’s The Sessions from Oct. 26 to Oct. 19, when it will debut on a limited platform basis.
The film, which debuted at this year’s Sundance Film Festival under the title The Surrogate, is based on the writings of journalist and poet Mark O’Brien and stars John Hawkes as a man, confined to an iron lung, who hires a sex therapist, played by Helen Hunt, to help him lose his virginity.
At Sundance, the film won both the audience award for dramatic film and a special jury prize for dramatic ensemble acting. Hawkes, who received a best supporting actor Academy Award nomination for 2010’s Winter’s Bone, is scheduled to receive a breakout performance award at the Hollywood Film Awards on Oct. 22 and is expected to be a major awards contender this season.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch