Seth MacFarlane's Uncensored Oscars Announcement: Just the Jokes
From Adolf Hitler wisecracks to jabs at Harvey Weinstein, the "Family Guy" creator showed no signs of toning things down for Hollywood's most prestigious night.
Oscars host Seth MacFarlane broke with tradition on Thursday morning to also present this year's nominees -- joined by Emma Stone -- and reaction was mixed to his irreverent style. From Adolf Hitler jokes to jabs at Harvey Weinstein, the Family Guy creator showed no signs of toning things down for Hollywood's most prestigious night. Here were some of his best -- or worst, depending on your outlook -- lines from the nominations announcement.
"I'm Seth MacFarlane, the host of the Oscars. If you don't know who I am just pretend I'm Donny Osmond."
"I'm not sure why we don't wait until noon to do this, since the only people up right now are either flying or in surgery."
"Here to help me out since there's nothing creepier than a guy standing by himself at five in the morning is the lovely and talented Emma Stone."
"Breath of fresh air in that category." - referring to the supporting actor category, which features all previous winners.
"Congratulations, you five ladies no longer have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein." - spoken after the supporting actress category.
"I read Amour was co-produced in Austria and Germany. The last time Austria and Germany got together and co-produced something it was Hitler, but this was much better. Highly recommended."
"These are adapted screenplays, keep in mind, so that means the writers just copied stuff from Microsoft Word and pasted it into Final Draft."
"These are five people who are the very best at sitting in a chair watching other people make a movie." - said about the five directing nominees.
"Emma Stone: Denzel [Washington]'s character was actually as drunk as half of the people who are up at this hour. Seth MacFarlane: Guilty."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)