Seth MacFarlane's Uncensored Oscars Announcement: Just the Jokes
From Adolf Hitler wisecracks to jabs at Harvey Weinstein, the "Family Guy" creator showed no signs of toning things down for Hollywood's most prestigious night.
Oscars host Seth MacFarlane broke with tradition on Thursday morning to also present this year's nominees -- joined by Emma Stone -- and reaction was mixed to his irreverent style. From Adolf Hitler jokes to jabs at Harvey Weinstein, the Family Guy creator showed no signs of toning things down for Hollywood's most prestigious night. Here were some of his best -- or worst, depending on your outlook -- lines from the nominations announcement.
"I'm Seth MacFarlane, the host of the Oscars. If you don't know who I am just pretend I'm Donny Osmond."
"I'm not sure why we don't wait until noon to do this, since the only people up right now are either flying or in surgery."
"Here to help me out since there's nothing creepier than a guy standing by himself at five in the morning is the lovely and talented Emma Stone."
"Breath of fresh air in that category." - referring to the supporting actor category, which features all previous winners.
"Congratulations, you five ladies no longer have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein." - spoken after the supporting actress category.
"I read Amour was co-produced in Austria and Germany. The last time Austria and Germany got together and co-produced something it was Hitler, but this was much better. Highly recommended."
"These are adapted screenplays, keep in mind, so that means the writers just copied stuff from Microsoft Word and pasted it into Final Draft."
"These are five people who are the very best at sitting in a chair watching other people make a movie." - said about the five directing nominees.
"Emma Stone: Denzel [Washington]'s character was actually as drunk as half of the people who are up at this hour. Seth MacFarlane: Guilty."
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Awards
- Rihanna Slips Into A Bikini After Closing Out Monster Tour, Casually Hangs On A Yacht
- Here Is What A Mashup Of Scarlett Johansson And Jennifer Lawrence Looks Like
- Pat O'Brien Explains Why So Many Celebrities Aren't Truly Happy (VIDEO)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Fatal Finale Says Goodbye To One Huge Character
- Heidi Klum Completes Ice Bucket Challenge on 'America's Got Talent'!
- Chelsea Handler Dines with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston & More After Ending 'Chelsea Lately'
- Jennifer Aniston Doesn't Want Her 'Value as a Woman' to be Defined By Marriage & Children
- Orlando Bloom Rocks Unique Shirt at 'Zulu' Press Conference in Japan