'Silver Linings Playbook' Featurette Highlights Feel-Good Story (Video)
A new featurette on The Weinstein Company film encourages viewers -- and voters -- to be inspired again.
The Weinstein Company is using inspiration in its Oscar nomination push for Silver Linings Playbook.
The film, about overcoming the past, redemption and moving on, has earned both Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence Golden Globe nominations for their performances.
A new minute-long featurette focuses on the film's inspirational narrative, claiming in the opening voice-over, "It's about time a movie inspired you again."
"It's a movie about real people that anybody can relate to," says Cooper in the spot. "The essence of Silver Linings is heartbreak and comedy, much like life."
Lawrence adds, "It's a love story that we really haven't seen."
Written and directed by David O. Russell, the film has been nominated for four Golden Glode awards, including Best Picture – Comedy or Musical.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip