'Silver Linings Playbook' Featurette Highlights Feel-Good Story (Video)
A new featurette on The Weinstein Company film encourages viewers -- and voters -- to be inspired again.
The Weinstein Company is using inspiration in its Oscar nomination push for Silver Linings Playbook.
The film, about overcoming the past, redemption and moving on, has earned both Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence Golden Globe nominations for their performances.
A new minute-long featurette focuses on the film's inspirational narrative, claiming in the opening voice-over, "It's about time a movie inspired you again."
"It's a movie about real people that anybody can relate to," says Cooper in the spot. "The essence of Silver Linings is heartbreak and comedy, much like life."
Lawrence adds, "It's a love story that we really haven't seen."
Written and directed by David O. Russell, the film has been nominated for four Golden Glode awards, including Best Picture – Comedy or Musical.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!