Anthony Mackie and Kate Beckinsale to Announce Spirit Award Nominees
Film Independent nabs a high-profile pair for the Nov. 29 announcement ceremony.
Kate Beckinsale plays a vampire warrior in the Underworld franchise and Anthony Mackie is apparently on the opposing team as Abe's valet in the forthcoming Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, but they will put their differences aside to announce the nominees at the Nov. 29 Film Independent Spirit Awards at the London West Hollywood Hotel.
Mackie got two Spirit noms himself (for 2009's The Hurt Locker and 2004's Brother to Brother). Beckinsale slips back into her warrior suit in Underworld Awakening, slated to open in January 2012, the week after her thriller with Mark Wahlberg, Contraband, and Man on a Ledge, the thriller with Anthony Mackie.
The 27th annual Spirit Awards celebration will be held Feb. 25 at the beach in Santa Monica.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum