Anthony Mackie and Kate Beckinsale to Announce Spirit Award Nominees
Film Independent nabs a high-profile pair for the Nov. 29 announcement ceremony.
Kate Beckinsale plays a vampire warrior in the Underworld franchise and Anthony Mackie is apparently on the opposing team as Abe's valet in the forthcoming Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, but they will put their differences aside to announce the nominees at the Nov. 29 Film Independent Spirit Awards at the London West Hollywood Hotel.
Mackie got two Spirit noms himself (for 2009's The Hurt Locker and 2004's Brother to Brother). Beckinsale slips back into her warrior suit in Underworld Awakening, slated to open in January 2012, the week after her thriller with Mark Wahlberg, Contraband, and Man on a Ledge, the thriller with Anthony Mackie.
The 27th annual Spirit Awards celebration will be held Feb. 25 at the beach in Santa Monica.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR