Steven Spielberg Will Receive 2012 David O. Selznick Award from PGA
The prolific filmmaker has 11 projects in 2011 alone.
Steven Spielberg has been named the recipient of the 2012 David O. Selznick Achievement Award in Motion Pictures from the Producers Guild of America.
In a statement, PGA co-chairs Paula Wagner and Michael Manheim said, "As one of the most prolific filmmakers of all time, Steven’s continued genius, imagination and fearlessness in the world of feature film entertainment is unmatched in this industry."
As a producer, Spielberg had 11 TV and film credits in 2011, including the summer blockbusters Super 8 and Transformers: Dark of the Moon as well as his own upcoming films War Horse and The Adventures of Tintin.
The filmmaker will receive the award at the 23rd Annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 21st, 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)