Telluride Film Festival: George Clooney, Alexander Payne In House For 'The Descendants' Screening
The Telluride Film Festival is famous for providing special surprises to festivalgoers who chance its "unannounced" screenings, and the first of this year's crop was no exception.
The 2011 "Patron's Preview" screening, held this afternoon at the Chuck Jones Cinema in the Mountain Village (which is a 12-minute gondola ride from the center of town), turned out to be the world premiere of the Fox Searchlight awards hopeful The Descendants, a dramedy co-written and directed by Oscar winner Alexander Payne (Sideways) and starring Oscar winner George Clooney (Syriana) in a performance that could earn him his second best actor Oscar nod in three years (he was nom'd for Up in the Air in 2009).
Payne, who served as a guest director of the 2009 festival and attended last year's, as well, will be joined at the screening by Clooney, who earlier in the day humored awe-struck journalists at the festival's "Patron's Brunch" along with stars from many of the festival's other scheduled films.
My take on The Descendants post-screening. Stay tuned.
What's Hot In Awards
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign