Toronto 2012: Terrence Malick's Wife Makes Bizarre Statement About 9/11 on Eve of Anniversary
Alexandra Wallace raised eyebrows at the North American premiere of her reclusive husband's film "To the Wonder."
TORONTO -- Many people were left scratching their heads Monday night at the North American premiere of Terrence Malick's sixth feature, To the Wonder -- and not only after the hard-to-decipher film started playing.
Malick is a notorious recluse, so it wasn't surprising that he was not present for the premiere. But his wife, Alexandra "Ecky" Wallace -- his high school sweetheart and third wife -- was, and she introduced the film at the Toronto International Film Festival in a most bizarre way: "My husband sends salutes to the men and hugs to the women. We love Canada, and, in fact, we thought about becoming Canadian citizens after 9/11. We have much to learn from you."
Wallace's statement came on the eve of the 11th anniversary of the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C., that killed 3,000 people.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR