'The Artist's' Jean Dujardin, Berenice Bejo to Receive the Santa Barbara Film Festival's Cinema Vanguard Award
The honor, which recognizes artistic risk-taking, will be presented Feb. 4.
The Artist stars Jean Dujardin and Berenice Bejo will receive the Cinema Vanguard Award at the 27th Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
The award recognizes actors who have forge their own individual paths, “taking artistic risks and making a significant and unique contribution to film.”
“In an age of sight and sound spectacle, there is great risk in a silent film,” SBIFF executive director Roger Durling said. “Jean and Berenice's acting is an amazing pas des deux both physically and emotionally -- recalling classic Hollywood pairings like Hepburn and Tracy and of course, indelibly, Ginger and Fred."
The award will be presented at the Arlington Theatre on Feb. 4. The festival itself runs from Jan. 26-Feb. 5.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10