Tonys: Actor Nominees Recall Their Moves to New York, Big Breaks (Video)
THR debuts an 11-minute bonus feature from the first-ever Tonys Actor Roundtable with Neil Patrick Harris, Chris O'Dowd and others, which was released last week.
NEW YORK – Just over a week ago, The Hollywood Reporter conducted its first Tonys Actor Roundtable with six 2014 Tony nominees — Neil Patrick Harris (Hedwig and the Angry Inch), James Monroe Iglehart (Aladdin), Andy Karl (Rocky), Jefferson Mays (A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder), Chris O'Dowd (Of Mice and Men) and Tony Shalhoub (Act One) — and the conversation produced so much interesting material that it couldn't all fit into the main video. Therefore, THR is now releasing an 11-minute bonus feature: the actors' discussion about what first brought them to New York and what they regard as their "big break" on Broadway.
Who first experienced — and fell in love with — Broadway when he was just a kid on a break from shooting a movie? Who arrived in New York with $3,000 in savings from his work at a dinner theater? Which two came to town and were required to do auditions for men in cramped hotel rooms? And who first came out to New York when the company of a regional theater production in which he was appearing became the replacement cast for a Broadway show?
For the answers to these questions, and a lot of other fun stuff, check out the video at the top of this post!
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Awards
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding