Tonys: Hitting Times Square With 'Hedwig' Star Lena Hall to Talk Broadway (Video)
Hall, a 34-year-old rising star of Broadway, was best known for her work in "Kinky Boots" before landing a role opposite Neil Patrick Harris in the hit revival of the musical "Hedwig and the Angry Inch," for which they are both Tony-nominated.
NEW YORK -- Last Sunday afternoon, before the first of her two performances that day, Lena Hall, the fast-rising Broadway star who is a best featured actress in a musical Tony nominee this year for her performance opposite Neil Patrick Harris in the hit musical revival Hedwig and the Angry Inch, joined me for a walk around Times Square.
Our aim was to try to gauge who and what the general public is anxious to see on the Great White Way -- and who and what they will be rooting for at the Tonys on Sunday night.
The 34-year-old, who was previously best known for her work in Kinky Boots, didn't want to advertise who she was at the outset of our conversations, which created some pretty funny -- and very "New York" -- situations.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- You Simply Must Watch Robin Thicke’s Ridiculous Movie Debut
- Orange Is the New Black’s Danielle Brooks on Lies, Laughing, and Taystee-Poussey Shippers
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material